Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank: Movie Review By Joanna Claire Miguel


Watching Philippine Films is something that I dislike. Not that I hated the films made by our Filipino Directors, but the impression left in me that Filipino Films are not worth  a penny. Dislike but not hated. So, I’d rather pay 185 pesos to watch Transformers III than watching any Philippine film with the same price to pay but ended up disappointed because of the ka-kornihan of our very own Philippine film. The End.
No, that doesn’t stop there. It’s supposed to stop there since I still have no interest in watching Philippine films... BUT! As a Mass Communication majors, we were required to watch at least one Indie film from the Cinemalaya Film Festival which leads to a change in my point of view of the Philippine Film Industry.
Cinemalaya Film Festival is an event in the Philippines which showcases Indie films and is held annually at the Cultural Centre of the Philippines. As I mentioned earlier, we were required to watch at least 1 Indie Film. I read the synopsis of every film entry in the said event before buying for a ticket and one movie synopsis catches my attention... Ang Babae sa Septic Tank.
Ang Babae sa Septic Tank is an Indie film by Marlon Rivera and an entry in the New Breed category in Cinemalaya 2011. The film shows how Indie Film Maker Rainier (Kean Cipriano) and Producer Bingbong ( JM De Guzman) try to reach their dream of making it big to the international film and that their film, “Walang wala” would be their ticket. It also shows how the passion of the Indie film makers helped them a lot to finish a movie despite of the limited budget they have or even the competitors you’ll meet along the way. Every detail behind making a film was revealed here in Ang Babae sa Septic Tank, which I think every aspiring film makers should take it as a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment